Thursday, January 28, 2010

Taking a risk & appreciation.

Have I written a post on taking a risk? Oh well. If I have, that was then, this is now. Risk taking has never been in my book before. I've always dodged it and kept it on the down low, on the safe side. But last year I thought about again and wonder, 'Why restrict myself just because it may do me harm emotionally or physically? Like that one saying "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."' So I've been taking risks. I've allow myself to take a risk of a heartbreak, a risk of breaking an arm, a risk of dreaming&hoping, a risk of something that will never come by again, a pure risk of life.

I may not be taking large steps into risk taking but it's just all what I feel is right for myself. I will take those small steps to a make or break situation. And I guess if things break, I will look to the fact that I won't have to look back on a change of the past. And if things make, go well, then I'll be proud of myself that I took the chance that would have not come by ever again.

===

The smallest things in life I appreciate. Simplicities are what I love most.
I love the decision of picking a bowl of food that's just all mixed together but delicious in the end instead of the plate of elegance and having only a hint of flavor.
I love the decision of sitting down and watching the world instead of feeling the rush of the city life.
I love the decision of going somewhere quiet with someone and just talking instead of a massive group of friends going this way and that.
Sometimes I may go haywire and think complex thoughts, over-think too many situations, and even just plain flipping out. But afterwords, I relax and just take the situation that is handed to me and accept it and move on. I'm still learning, and I feel that I'm learning well so far.
Appreciation is unappreciated so much these days.
"Take for granted" shows up more.
If only people focus and see that.

"The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live."
-- Leo F. Buscaglia

"Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can - there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did."
-- Sarah Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment