Friday, January 8, 2010

Sing like no one's listening.

Whenever I hear the perfect song, I quickly search for it and download it. Then I get so into it that I start singing when no one's around. When my parents are not home, I blast my music and sing like I don't give a care in the world. I'm a terrible singer but singing by myself makes me feel relieved. Especially when I'm emotional and frustrated, singing is the best way for me to let go of my feelings without having to describe anything.

Ever since last year, someone smacked the fact that I tell people my problems too much. So I've closed up and learned to keep it to myself unless I can't handle it anymore. But if I do close up, singing helps me let go of the bottled up feeling in a totally different way. Maybe that's why I love music so much. There's a different emotion in each song, so I line up a line of songs and mix those emotions together until I make it my own. Sometimes I blast my iPod and close my eyes and listen. I leave my real world behind and fall into a world of my own. Music saves my heart. Music saves my emotions. Music just saves me.

I may not be in those amazing choirs. I may not let any one hear me just because. But when music comes about my ears, I can't help but sing and allow myself to drift away with the beats.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent."
-- Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment