Sunday, January 17, 2010

Perfection is NOT the key.

Practice makes perfect. Oh, really now? Ridiculous is listed under the definition of perfect. I have met many people with the attempts to be "perfectionists" in my life. I just laugh and shake my head. In my book, I scratch out perfect and write in doing the best to the ability and maxing it out. Maybe this is a rant. Maybe this puts forth the truth before people's eyes. I wouldn't know.

I used to want to be perfect because I saw that I couldn't do anything with myself. I KNOW that I'm not fully capable of anything. I have to face it: I'm not smart, I'm not pretty, I can't keep a conversation going if it saved my life, I have no special talents, I have horrible habits, I'm clumsy, I get angry easily, I haven't accomplished anything big, and I'm disorganized. But now I know that the word "perfection" will not get me anywhere. I'm just going to have to continue living life, trying to find what I can do best. I have to try and make these negatives lean a little towards the positive. But I don't expect myself to completely reverse myself.

Maybe this is pessimism. Maybe I'm just being a joke because there maybe be perfection somewhere out there. But tell me this, where is something, anything in this world, that is perfect before EVERYONE'S eyes?

"The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection."
--George Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment