Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Out in the pouring rain.

I love the rain. I just love it. The sounds of the pit-pit-pitter patter. The small drops that fall from the sky and onto our heads. Maybe I don't want it to rain everyday, but when it does, I smile.

I used to hate being soaked in rain when I go to school. The uncomfortable feeling of drenched jackets and jeans. The clumps of hair that hang over when writing. But today was different.

At lunch, it didn't rain. It poured. At first, I was afraid of my converses getting completely soaked but as the bell rang and we had to speed over to our next class, I was already drenched from head to toe. Then I had a sense of carelessness for it all.

After my friends walked off to their classes and I continued to my class, I just dropped and closed my umbrella. I let the rain pour on my head. I smiled. But I didn't want anyone to ask me why I'm holding an umbrella and not using it so I just opened it back up. But I never put it above my head. I just walked to class, letting my cardigan and jeans soak up the rain, shivering to the bone. But I loved it.

When I got into my classroom, I didn't care what I looked like. I didn't care that my hair was a drenched mess. I didn't care that my red Link Crew shirt had big blotches of darker red from the rain. I just sat, drowned out the voices of all the students in the class and listened to the intense rain.

Maybe I'm being a child about having such a passion for the pouring rain but I don't care. Everyone may hate the rain and think that it's so gloomy and love a sun-shiny day but I don't care. That makes me not part of everyone.

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."
--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

1 comment:

  1. EVAAAAAA
    your such a kid. lol. but it's fun and it feels good.
    AND UR GOOD AT WRITING. <333

    ReplyDelete