Saturday, January 10, 2009

Trust.

Trust is something I've always resented because it always hurt me in the end. When I trusted someone, they end up walking out of my life one way or another. I've fully trusted 8 people in my life so far, excluding parents/family. Yes, I appreciate how they were always there for me and always had my back but in the end for some reason. . .they walk out & then our friendship isn't the same ever again. I can never give them that full trust that I gave to them in the beginning. Sometimes I wonder if I can find someone who will truly be there for me, even if everyone else walks out.

Some people tell me things that are supposed to have BIG meaning but they treat it as if it doesn't mean anything to them at all.What a waste of words. THOSE are the people who destroy how special some phrases are.THAT'S the reason why I don't give my trust to ANYONE. Because how the hell should I know who MEANS what they say & who DOESN'T?

Some have said that they loved me, but actually in reality, they only like me. That destroys the special meaning of "I love you."
Some have told me that they'll always be there for me, through thick and thin, but actually in reality, when I needed them, they weren't there for me.
Some have told me they'll never turn their back on me, but actually in reality, they walk right out of my life when something goes wrong.
Some called me a best friend & said we'll always be best friends no matter what, but actually in reality, we suddenly drift apart and never become friends again, especially the way we were in the beginning.

Why bother wasting your breath on empty words?

"It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it."
--Unknown
"Love all, trust a few."
--William Shakespeare

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how transient everything is. We think we have control, but then it slips out.

    ReplyDelete