Tuesday, January 27, 2009

True friends. . .can you define that for me, please?

Always there for you when you need them most. Always there to make you laugh. Always there, ready to punch out whoever hurt you. Always there to hear you out. Always there to support you on whatever you need support on.There's plenty more to that.

But truthfully, I used to have someone like that but I don't anymore. He fit into each of those descriptions. But he's someone else now. I don't know him anymore.

The term "best friend" is thrown around like a ball. I don't have a best friend. I don't have someone with open arms who I can turn to every single time. I don't have anyone who supports me 110%. Some call me a best friend but don't mean it. I'm tired of it. Why say something you don't mean?

I wish I had someone who was always there for me and I'll be there for them too. But it doesn't matter. People walk in and out of my life like a quick visit to wherever. I don't have anyone who will extend their visit and maybe even stay, and I probably never will.

"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are."
--Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment