Thursday, February 4, 2010

Another music blog post (:

So ever since last night around 11:40pm-ishh, I discovered an AMAZING Youtube artist from my friend's AIM status link. LOLLL. I clicked on it and I listened to his cover of Nothin' On You by B.O.B. I WAS SPEECHLESS. His voice makes people in awe. I'm not crazy either because I looked at some of the comments and all of them were extremely positive comments. Then I listened to one of his original songs and I fell in love with it. I don't think I've ever been this appreciative of a YouTube artist before. Today in my classes, I was so eager to take out my iPod and listen to some of his songs. His songs make me smile. I don't even know why. LOL. This sounds so lame but it's true. I've heard really good YouTube singers but this one stood out most to me by far.

So many people love to listen to so many of the songs on the radio about sex, drugs, and the "gangstuhh lyfe". LMAO. Though I'll admit some are pretty good, most are just "whatever." I don't understand why some people love every single one of those songs. Maybe it's just me because I intend to listen to the lyrics because I love good lyrics in a song but so many of them are directly/indirectly saying how much they want a woman in their pants. No kidding. So when a dirty song comes up, I listen to my favorite rock station. (: And if there's nothing on there either, I resort to my iPod.

What I'm trying to say is that I love music with meaning. Once in a while I may listen to a song that doesn't have a deep meaning but it just has a good beat. But most of the time when I find a song that sounds good, I look up the lyrics. After a year or two, I've realized that so many unknown artists' songs are incredible. And then I wonder why they aren't discovered and made it big yet. And even if they have a record label, why they're not SUPER big yet, like being on radio and promoted. But I guess there's an upside to that because then I wouldn't have to listen to it being in mainstream and repetitively playing all day.

Like my "praise" to the YouTube artist, listening to undiscovered, non-big music doesn't necessarily mean it's lame, isn't good, and shouldn't be listened to. It's pretty hard to find really good music like this nowadays. Like I said, there are just those mainstream songs that overtake the radio everyday, playing at least 4-5 times all day (and that's only ONE station). it's just tiring to listen to the same songs over and over again, especially those that are just meaningless.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS OF PEOPLE/GROUPS? LOLLL.

UrbanGermany ♥
The Summer Set
Safetysuit ♥
The Cab ♥
Goerge Nozuka
The Maine
Parachute

yayay (:

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
--Aaron Copland

No comments:

Post a Comment