Sunday, February 21, 2010

Egotism.

Self-confidence is a good thing. It keeps you from bringing yourself down too much and it allows you to aim for things that might seem impossible if it were not for the confidence. But TOO MUCH self-confidence is just. . .how would I put it. . .ridiculous? The haughty attitude and noses in the air are all just disturbing to see. Some think that they are so much better than others. Some think that everyone wants them. It's just. . .arghh.

Yesterday, I went to StickiPicki with some friends. One more person was supposed to come, who is my ex. My friend told me in 85 degrees that he wasn't coming. She told me he told her on the phone that it's "awkward". Obviously it was because of me. REALLY, DUDE? REALLY? I've been over him ever since. . .the end of November? He still thinks I'm in love with him. His ego fluffed him up to thinking that he's too good to be my friend because he still thinks I'm goo-goo about him. I'm done with hating him. I just want to be friends. I even called truce and offered a hand-shake because I just want to leave the awkwardness and problems behind. But apparently he likes to leave it awkward.

Before yesterday, yeah, I wanted to be his friend. He knew me best for a long time. But after I heard that he didn't want to come because of me and the AWKWARDNESS that might occur, I was done. I was pissed and still am. His self-confidence blinded him with the past and thinking that the past is still occurring. It's seriously ridiculous.

I'm not going to put an effort in if I know I won't be met halfway.

"Some times, another's ego can corrupt a true friendship."
--Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment