Monday, November 23, 2009

Learning.

There are so many lessons that must be learned throughout life: true friendships, going through hardships, standing up high, letting go, and so much more. But the true difficulty is how well and how long it will take to accomplish these lessons in life. We might think we know, say, what a true friendship is; but when something goes wrong, it all heads down to square one again and we're so lost on what a friendship really is.

Right now, true friendship and letting go are my demanding lessons that I must learn more than little by little. I've hurt people and I've been hurt way too many times.

I think that I'm being a good friend but in the end, I'm still trying to figure out how to be a TRUE good friend. My actions that have taken place lately were not actions of a true friend. But the thing is, I don't know how to deal with my emotions such as annoyance or tiredness towards a friend. And that is what I must learn. And I hope I learn soon.

Letting go has never been an easy thing for me. It's always held me back and beat my heart to a pulp. I THINK that I finally let go but then I snap back to the start. . .especially when it comes to someone I love(d). Sometimes I dream of finally meeting the guy who will take me away and finally not shatter my heart into pieces but then my mind drifts back to the stuck situation I'm in now and I droop my head because this is the reality of what my heart is currently feeling. I wish for the right guy. . .but that will never happen.

Lessons of life are difficult to wrap one's mind around but maybe, just maybe, when they are finally learned, there will be the biggest sense of accomplishment in the future and the heart will finally feel like it's set free.

"The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson."
-- Tom Bodett

No comments:

Post a Comment