Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dazed thoughts.

As my eyes fall into a daze, my mind falls into a pool of changes. Changes that I never knew would take place. Changes that I have to put up with. . .and these aren't the only ones I'm going to deal with. There are going to be ten million more handful of changes that I'm going to have to face. I hope the positives outweigh the negatives.

The hastiness of time races by the stillness of my actions. I stand and stare at the profile of the moments I almost have to set my eyes on face-to-face. My heart races and the beads of sweat form, trickling down my temples. I tell myself I cannot do this but myself argues back that I can. I must. These moments will not linger for me. I close my eyes and think that the fact that these moments are so close frightens me.

"The key to change... is to let go of fear."
-- Rosanne Cash
But what if what I'm afraid of is change?

No comments:

Post a Comment