Thursday, November 5, 2009

Forgetting the simplicities.

These past few weeks have been, truthfully, complete hell. There were only a few good times but the hell-ish days outweigh the positiveness by so much. I'm starting to forget the simplicities and silliness that I need to enjoy. But today I think I finally had my best laugh in weeks.
After I got home from tutoring, my mom was messing with the badminton rackets and the birdie. Then I joked around and offered to play. She gave me the second racket. Then we started to ATTEMPT to play badminton in the living room. We hit the birdie ALL over the place. My mom usually doesn't do silly things like this but when she does and I'm included, I have those hilarious "what the hell are my mom and I doing?" moments. And this was one of them. We kept playing badminton. And then my mom even said "When your dad comes downstairs, we have to stop or else he's going to yell at us for almost hitting the TV!" I laughed so hard. My dad finally comes downstairs and asks what we're doing. Then he gets all concerned about the TV so my mom and I moved to the small family room near the front door. We started to play again. When my mom kept accidentally hitting the ceiling, I cracked up so bad. I could NOT stop laughing. I'm still sick so I couldn't breathe even more than when I just crack up in general. It was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.
I guess the whole point of that was to say that these silly moments give me a small sigh of relief that life didn't suddenly turn into complete stress and complications.

"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain."
--Charlie Chaplin

No comments:

Post a Comment